Monday, March 11, 2013

Apex Accent Chardonnay 09'

Naked Wine Review 116
Wine: Chardonnay
Producer: Apex Cellars
Vintage: 09'
Region: Washington State>Columbia Valley>Yakima Valley
Price: 12.00
Date tasted: 3/4/13
Place tasted: Warm and safe inside my cocoon I can feel the wings growing strong and hugging my back like a promise. I imagine what colors they might be, what shape they might take, and how far and high they might one day carry me. I sip my wine and I wait in this place for my inner Phoenix to rise again....
and dream my awakening.
Served with: It is wonderful with Thai Fish Curry. White fish, chicken, brie n' fruit treats, and creamy pasta dishes would all complement well with this wine.
Appearance: Burnt golden daffodil with a brilliant yellow topaz glow. She's very well dressed and hypnotic to gaze into.
On the snoot: Nectarine and honeysuckle perfume rise to bless the snoot and stir up memories of an enthusiastic mountain stream that quenches the springtime of high mountain desert. 
Taste: Soft mango, pear, and honey combine with a tiny high note of lime then melt together and do the dance of spring on your joyful palate before calming into a butterscotch smooth, slightly oaky, and well defined naked finish.
Balance: A solid medium body with well integrated alcohol, acids, and sugars rendering her nicely dry, yet smooth, subtle, and interesting. 
Comments: I believe that we should base our beliefs more on thoroughly diligent, honest, and scientific yet intuitive research, and less on lazy absorption of dictated propaganda. Do you not? 
Oh, comments about the WINE! yes yes....
She's a solid reliable wine with subtle charm and elegant grace. Have her over for dinner and enjoy the warm comfort of her company. 
Cin Cin

Rating: 3.7 tipsys