Friday, August 17, 2012

Lange Pinot Noir 10'


Naked Wine Review 103
Wine: Pinot Noir
Producer: Lange Winery
Vintage: 10'
Region: Oregon>Willamette Valley
Price: 21.00
Date tasted: 8/13/12
Place tasted:  In my dream I was in this bar where there were these machines that rang like bells and played little tunes. People would sit in front of them, put money into them, push buttons, and just stare at them for hours, their faces void of all expression. I began to feel a hopeless sense of depression wash over me. Abandoning my poorly designed cocktail (why pay for it twice?) I exited the disturbing and surreal situation by simply opening my eyes. 'It didn't really happen; it didn't really happen.' To shake it off I poured a savory glass of Pinot Noir and moved into the kitchen for some creative culinary therapy. Food & wine, it's a beautiful thing....nightmares, not so much.
Served with: Perfect with Coq au vin. Stay with foods more subtle in character such as salmon, duck, chicken, mushrooms, mellow cheeses, and things of that nature.
Appearance: Clear cherry red with antique edges of light and a childlike glow of innocence.  
On the snoot: A pungent perfume of violets and wild flowers growing in cedar soaked earth. I suggest you take a long moment to appreciate and ponder her unique and lovely scent.
Taste: Sudden impact of bright strawberry followed by a soft herbal scented breath on the exhale; a beautiful marriage of yin/yang energies in one naked little sip. Finish is wet and lingers like sunshine in images of floral and wood. 
Balance: She has a well balanced light body with no residual sugar; minimal tannin; and a gentle, elegant demeanor.
Comments: A good Pinot Noir is all about the snoot, don't cha' think? I was quite taken with the lovely bouquet on this one; after tasting however, I found her a bit too soprano for my personal taste. In human form she would sing like Kate Bush. If that's the kind of thing you like, you should go there. 
I find the timbre of Morphine or The Mars Volta a more spirit feeding experience. 
Either way, here's to your good health.
-Cheers

Rating: 3.5 tipsys