Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Duca di Cardino Chianti 10'


Naked Wine Review 102
Wine: Duca di Cardino, Chianti
Producer: Enogest Winery
Vintage: 10'
Region: Italy>Tuscany>Montalcino>
Cetona>Enogest>
Could not find 
the actual address, 
but there ya go :)
Price: 16.00
Date tasted: 7/12/12
Place tasted: It was early, it was safe. I was listening to Florence tell me 'the dog days are over' and milking that moment of peace and solitude for all it was worth. 
Faeries danced on raindrops that cooled and soothed my inner chaos and washed it all away. 
Preparing food and sipping a glass of Chianti, I could not help but think of you, and smile. 
Served with: Sausage & feta stuffed bell peppers was a good idea for sure! Many things go well with Chianti; stay with red meats and stronger more acidic flavors as it will overpower more subtle ones.
Appearance: Rich opaque cranberry with a rusty glow.
On the snoot: The distinct and pleasing scent of a lavender colored waterfall.
Taste: Opens with a mouthful of etherial cherry whispers wrapped up in a soft eiderdown of herbaceous coriander with little licorice dimples. Tannins are firm and dependable leading into a long, reflective finish. 
Balance: Medium body with beautiful naked legs all over your glass. More acid than sweet but still smooth and centered. Very nice.
Comments: She comes on hot, just the way you like it. Let her catch her breath for a few before devouring. Then devour away.
"If I ever go missing, I want my picture on a wine bottle instead of a milk carton so my friends can find me"
-random quote found online
Rating: 3.7 tipsys


Copyright © 2009-2015 Shawna Watson. All rights reserved.

Did you enjoy my wine poetry? Was it useful to you?
If so, please click on the Paypal secure server logo and make a small donation to Shawna for the creation and maintenance of this site.


Blessings and Peace to All