Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sky River Raspberry Honey Wine


Naked Wine Review 88
Wine: Sky River Raspberry Honey Wine (Mead)
Producer: The Sky River Meadery
Vintage: I don't know, they won't tell me
Region: USA>Washington State>Sultan
Price: 14.00
Date tasted: 12/23/11
Place tasted: During a fallow moment, mid stride of one of the more special blossoms in my life's bouquet. As I faded out, and then faded back in again, I thought to myself, 'I have the most brilliant, talented, and funny family ever. How did I get so lucky?' I also thought, 'damn, this is really good mead!'
Serve with: Smoked salmon & brie snacks would mate well with her. She would also be fantastic with cheese cake or any rich desert that cries out for fruit. 
Appearance: Bright honey sunshine through dense raspberry red.
On the snoot: is the soft passionate breath of fresh naked raspberries.
Taste: Raspberries packed in honey. Bright to mellow and back again. It's like listening to the Echos' side of Pink Floyd's Meddle album. 
Balance: Sweet, but not sticky; a bright raspberry force combines with the inner strength of alcohol and pulls her into perfect balance. 
Comments: You know how scents are a huge memory trigger? Well it seems raspberry memories will always make you smile. Sip slowly, savor her charms, and go someplace nice in your past. I think you already did. 
I can't help but think of a lyric from the great and powerful, Fiona Apple...slow like honey, heavy with mood.
Rating: 4 glowing tipsys