Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chateau Ste Michelle
Cabernet 08'


Naked Wine Review 83
Wine: Cabernet
Producer: Chateau Ste. Michelle 
Vintage: 08'
Region: Washington>Columbia Valley
Price: 11.50  
Date tasted: 9/26/11
Place tasted: My soul was perched high on a golden sphere like an eagle; eyes sharp and focused on a multitude of shiny goals. My body lie injured on the rocks below, broken and in pain; my mind, both ally and enemy living in isolation behind my eyes. I surrendered my entire bank account to a triad of all consuming flames with complete faith that the will of the divine would send healing, truth, and purpose into my fully integrated being. Then I had a glass of cabernet. Actually, I had two glasses. 
Serve with: Red meat; dark chocolate; pasta dishes; medium to strong cheeses; zucchini casserole pie. 
Appearance: Black onyx with a muted garnet glow on.
On the snoot: The familiar scent of a dark chocolate covered cherry pixy soaking in a healing mineral bath.
Taste: Forward on the palate are dense ripe lambert cherry kittens who mingle with cocoa faced bunnies. In the perfect world inside my glass they go prancing through a grassy meadow waving celery stick wands and caramelizing everything they touch. Tannins soft and subtle contribute to a long but simple and elegant matte finish. 
Balance: She is perfectly poised and graceful, with delightfully Rubenesque full body.
Comments: "Hey there little fruit fly, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CAB!!" Ah, the beauty and trials of Autumn. Time flies like the wind; fruit flies like your wine.
Rating: 4 tipsys