Friday, March 18, 2011

ESTE Red Blend 08'


Naked Wine Review 69
Wine: ESTE, The 6 Grapes Wine, Red Blend- 47% Monastrell, 23% Tempranillo, 12% Syrah, 6% Garnacha, 6% Cabernet, 6% Merlot
Producer: Bodegas Alto Almanzora ESTE
Vintage: 08'
Region: Spain
Price: 9.00
Date tasted: 3/12/11
Place tasted: I was wondering around Valhalla trying to find a shoe store after having been slain in combat during 'the Battle on Sanity Hill'. There were no shoe stores in Valhalla, but I did find a day spa called 'Be Here, Now Here', where they pamper you with pedicures, new doo's, deep tissue massage, and glass after glass of ESTE, the 6 Grapes Wine; after all, dying in battle can take a lot out of you. 
Serve with: Crema de Cabrales on toast points; fed to me by a nicely chiseled and dare I say, firm, naked man. They really spoil you at the 'Be Here, Now Here'.
Appearance: Garnet with deep orange reflections.
On the snoot: Mixed berries mingling with anise; and maybe just a hint of cardboard splashed with ether. It's nice.
Taste: Heavy blackberry on impact followed by notes of licorice spice and cracked pepper that mingle with tannins so cute and fuzzy, ya just wanna reach into the glass and pet em'. On the finish is the lingering image of a cat licking a raspberry. I quite liked it. 
Balance: Nicely balanced. Dances light on her feet while maintaining firm focus and integrity. 
Comments: Visualize Ballard Baby, I'm coming home to the Pugetopolis! Can't wait to be part of the puddle splashing, road rage hissing, bone dry cappuccino drinking, neurotic freak show team that I like to call 'my happy place'. I've missed you guys. I'm hoping to run into me while I'm there as well. I'm so excited. I hope I haven't gained weight.
By the by, the animal on the label, is a pregnant mare. I knew you were all wondering. 
Rating: 3.6 stars